This Winter Enjoy Creamy Soups Made with Camel Milk
With winter approaching and the weather cooling down, or getting downright cold, many of us seek out warming, nourishing comfort food for our family.
Top of the list for many people are creamy soups - potato & leek, tomato, cauliflower, turkey vegetable and wild rice, golden squash - to name a few.
When you're making a creamy soup, consider using camel milk in place of cow milk. It's more nutritious and less likely to cause upset to those who are lactose intolerant.
Camel milk has a similar consistency to cow milk and is easily substituted in all your favorite recipes.
Here's a recipe for Creamy Potato and Leek Soup using Camelicious camel milk powder:
- 1 Russet potato, peeled & chopped
- 5 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup camel milk
- 3 large leeks, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 springs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt & pepper to taste.
1. On low to medium heat, add the chopped celery, leeks, bay leaves, thyme and butter in a pot.
2. Allow the veggies to cook down and become soft for about 25 to 30 minutes in the covered pot. Stir occasionally.
3. Add in potato and broth and increase to medium high heat. Cook until vegetables are soft, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat. When the mixture is a little cooler, carefully use a hand immersion blender or countertop blender to mix the soup until smooth. To avoid splattering the soup, it may be best to hand blend in small batches.
Try Camelicious Camel Milk Powder
Camelicious camel milk powder is packed with vitamins and minerals and contains high proportions of anti-bacterial and anti-viral substances, antioxidants, and immune system boosters. In fact, camel milk is considered a superfood because of its high nutritional value. Camel milk has more calcium than other milks and beneficial levels of bioavailable minerals – selenium, zinc, potassium, magnesium, copper, iron, and other minerals. It also has 3 to 5 times more Vitamin C.
Camel milk is a light, pleasant tasting milk and can be consumed as a milk drink, or used to replace cow milk in cooking and baking.
Camelicious camel milk powder is 100% whole camel milk from grass-fed camels. It’s non-GMO, gluten free and does not contain any added antibiotics or hormones.