Frittata with Spring Vegetables and Camel Milk
One of the joys of spring is it's seasonal vegetables. Now's the time to enjoy fresh spring vegetables, such as asparagus, arugula, potatoes, vidalia onions, spinach, scallions, shallots, artichokes and leeks.
One way to enjoy these vegetables is in a frittata. Serve frittata and a side salad for a tasty, healthy meal for you and your family.
Just a reminder that camel milk can be used in your cooking and baking to replace other milks, so here's a recipe for a frittata with spring veges using camel milk:
1. 6 eggs
2. 1/2 cup grated or crumbled cheese
3. 1 1/2 tablespoons camel milk
4. 1 1/2 cups of chopped, cooked vegetables, such as spinach, potatoes, asparagus, onion, leeks, artichokes, and whatever else you and your family love.
5. Herbs and spices, such as basil or chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Saute or roast the veges until they are tender.
4. In a bowl whisk together eggs, cheese, camel milk, vegetables, herbs, and seasonings.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan or baking dish.
6. Bake until the frittata is golden and the center springs back when touched, about 25 mins or more.
Would you like more recipes using Camel Milk? Click here to download the free Lactose Intolerance Recipes E-Book "Camel Milk to the Rescue."