Double Superfood Nutrition - Blueberry Camel Milk Smoothie
Blueberries are considered a superfood because they not only offer nutritional benefits but also potential health benefits, too.
Packed with antioxidants and phytoflavinoids (compounds that protect our body from stress), blueberries are also high in potassium and vitamin C, making them a top choice of nutritionists and health-conscious individuals.
According to studies, a bowl of blueberries can help in boosting immunity. Moreover, consuming a small portion of berries daily can help in strengthening the metabolism and preventing metabolic deficiencies.
Camel milk is also considered a superfood because of its superior nutritional benefits. Packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, camel milk provides a wonderful dairy option for all adults and children, but particularly those with lactose intolerance, cow milk protein allergy, or digestive issues.
Camel milk does not contain the 2 proteins found in cow’s milk that can cause gut problems (stomach pain, indigestion and gas), so it's usually very well tolerated by everyone.
Combine 2 superfoods - camel milk and blueberries – and get double the nutritional benefits
A blueberry camel milk smoothie makes an easy, healthy breakfast or between meals snack for your family:
- 1 1/2 cups water (or more depending on desired thickness)
- 1 single serve packet Camelicious camel milk powder
- 1 banana (halved)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- fresh blueberries and mint sprigs for garnish, optional
- Place the water, Camelicious camel milk powder, banana and blueberries in a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve. Top with blueberries, and mint if desired.